Volume 10, Issue 5
Pulsafeeder—MicroVision Cooling Tower Controller with Toroidal Probe
Cooling towers are heat removal devices used to transfer process waste heat to the atmosphere. Cooling towers may use air and the evaporation of water to remove heat and cool the working fluid to near the air temperature. Cooling tower water systems are subject to corrosion, scaling, deposition, and biological fouling. This increases operating costs due to downtime, equipment replacement, and increased water and energy usage. Typically biocides and inhibitors are added with the use of Pulsafeeder chemical metering pumps and controllers to effectively treat the water.
The MicroVision Cooling Tower Controller with Toroidal Sensor Technology is a microprocessor based conductivity controller with selectable timer and dual biocide control. Designed specifically for cooling tower applications, MicroVision comes standard with the features and functions you need for accurate monitoring and control of cooling tower water. The MicroVision controller is a full function controller in a compact package that won’t break your budget!
- Easy to use. Simple user interface and large graphical display means easy and intuitive set-up and programming.
- No need to recalibrate. MicroVision’s toroidal sensor technology saves you valuable service time and money by eliminating routine calibrations.
- Reduced potential for fouling. By design, the MicroVision toroidal sensor has no exposed electrodes, which means that there is nothing to wear out or foul.
- Easy Installation. With pre-wiring and panel mount options, installation is quick and easy.
- 2 year warranty.
- Compact size saves space and reduces freight costs.
- Large graphical display with large, easy to read font with simple four button user interface.
- Selectable time (limit %, % post bleed and water meter.
- Dry Contact/Hall Effect water meter input.
- Dual biocide with pre-bleed, lockout, inhibitor interface and four programmable start times per biocide.
- Flow switch input, (3) drum level inputs, Dry contact alarm output.
- 4-20mA isolated analog output.
- NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Battery Backup
MicroVision offers simple, dependable control of cooling tower chemicals at a cost-effective price. For more information, visit their website at www.pulsatron.com.Download Newsletter