IPS Weld-On—How to Repair Leaking Plastic Pipe Joints
IPS Weld-On® continues to lead the industry with quality products, training, and education for PVC, CPVC, and ABS primers, solvent cements, and thread sealants. When proper installation techniques are not completely followed we recommend cutting the leaking fitting out and replacing the joint. When that is not possible we suggest the following steps to repair a leaking joint.
1. Remove all dried cement, debris, and moisture from the entire circumference of the socket entrance.
2. Apply Weld-On 810/811 or 845 adhesive to the entire circumference of the socket entrance.
3. Cut thin fiberglass mesh to provide ample coverage over entire leak area. Work out bubbles under mesh. Let adhesive cure.
4. Apply additional, light coat of adhesive over mesh.
5. Let repaired area cure before pressurizing. This process has proven successful in most applications.
For more information, visit www.weldon.com/tech_tips.